The functions of a properly established, managed and functioning Professional Body.
- What they are?
- What they are not.
- How they contribute to the Performance Management challenge in any company of any size?
- Why CPD is one of the most useful tools in a Professional Bodies arsenal?
- Professional Bodies and their Transformational Tools.
- Why a Professional Body has the potential is to lead the Branding Crusade in sectors which otherwise are not considered vital or true economic diamonds?
Takeaways for the individual:
- Understanding that “Designations” distinguish you in the marketplace and provide you with Professional Identity
- Understanding that you have a Competency, Behavioral and Lifelong Learning Obligation and make that commitment when you accept your Professional Designation
- Understand what your membership and affiliation to your Professional Body means in your life.
Takeaways for the company:
- Understand that the Professional Body becomes a crucial partner in your Performance Management Process of every Staff Member
- Understand that your Trade Association working in-concert with your Professional Body has the capacity to offer you a Grading which can distinguish your company as truly compliant and excellent in the marketplace
For the Provider:
- Become part of your client sector’s inner circle
- Have the vistas of an entire sector opened for you with regard to whole qualification and CPD Training
- Have the Professional Body do your networking and marketing for you
For the BBBEE Rating Consultant and Agency:
- Understand how limited your days are if you make no effort to truly understand the business of the Professional Body
- Buy-into Professional Body Transformation initiatives to do your jobs properly
Presenter: Dr Ivor Blumenthal
- Matriculated at King Edwards VII (KES)
- Studied Law and Psychology at Wits
- Did Psychology Post Graduate Studies at RAU
- Completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Management at Wits Business School
- Completed a Phd. In Technology and Innovation at Da Vinci University
- Clerked for a Supreme Court Justice.
- Has worked in General Management in the Banking and Printing Sectors.
- Was Station Manager of ChaiFM and has run his own shows on Chai FM, Radio Today and Summit Television
- Currently hosts Contemporary Business on Radio Today
- Has published over 500 articles and writes two columns for The Star Newspaper
- Has published a book : “50 Shades of Greed”
- Served as a member of the National Skills Authority
- Served as a member of three Standard Generating Bodies for SAQA
- Served as a member of the Professional Body Steering Committee for SAQA
- Established a Hotel Management and Business School in Marbella, Spain – Le Roche
- City Councillor for Johannesburg – 1995 to 2000
- Vice Chairperson of Our Parents Home
- CEO: Furniture Industries Training Board
- CEO : The Association of Personal Service Organisations (APSO)
- Chairperson : The Services SETA
- CEO : The Services SETA
- Vice Chairperson : World Skills
- Board Member : European Marketing Confederation
- Board Member : International Certification Council
- Council Member of the European Union Social Dialogue – Personnel
CEO of ArkKonsult – Establishing Trade Associations, Professional Bodies, Skills Trusts and Institutes of Training and Development.
A Consultancy established to correct the power imbalances in the workplace.
- Building Trade and Employer Associations
- Building Professional Bodies and Confederations of Professional Bodies
- Establishing Quality Assurance systems for Provision
- Building Social Partnerships in Industries
- Establishing and managing Skills Trusts in Industries
- Gearing your Business for BBBEE Compliance and Achievement
- Establishing Employee Share Schemes and participative management initiatives in the workplace
- Reducing the BBBEE Risk and Threat and empowering the business for sustainability